1. These slipper boots were a sale bargain from Fat Face on a mid Christmas trip to Windermere.
2. Fifty fashion looks that changed the 1950’s is the first of my twelve books in twelve months. I might be cheating slightly with this little coffee table book but it’s a good read when you’re heavily distracted by an amazing tv programme (number 7, I’m looking at you). This one was a Christmas gift but you can find it on amazon here.
3. Knitting! I’ve graduated from knitting random stuff (mostly squares with randomly placed holes) to knitting actual scarf shaped stuff. This is progress.
4. I’m not normally a pot pourri kind of person. I bought this Winter scented version as a bit of a compromise because what I really wanted was the Winter candle, but couldn’t quite justify the cost before Christmas. I couldn’t bring myself to put this away with the decorations and it’s still doing a pretty good job of scenting the room. It is a pretty festive scent (cinnamon, clove and orange) , but for as long as it’s still winter, I’ll still be trying to get away with this.
5. I got all organised in January. The peak of this joy for me is this board full meal planners, calendars, trackers, routines and notes. This brings me great joy. It brings my boyfriend great dread. And it’s so pretty!!!
6. January involved a lot of tea and biscuits. Or coffee and amaretti in this case.
7. Breaking Bad. I love Breaking Bad so much, that we watched all five series in the month of January. It was like we were possessed. I knew it was good all the way through, but didn’t really grasp how good until it was all over. I miss all that meth cooking.
8. Chicken and noodle soup. I’m trying to learn to cook new things and this was a really easy meal to cook.